“If you aren’t serving somewhere, find something that makes you happy, that you love doing, then serve and help those around you.”
Bro. James “Jake” Sanford
You Can Make A Difference
Did you know that Veterans OutReach is 100% ran and operated by volunteers? Everyone has got something to give. Invest your skills, knowledge, and enthusiasm in a unique volunteer opportunity. By becoming a Veterans OutReach volunteer you learn first hand of the needs of our veterans and how we respond to those needs. Then you can inform your family and friends of the needs of our veterans and solicit their help. We have found that our community, when informed of a need, responds without hesitation.
We are recruiting volunteers in the Collins/Hattiesburg, Kosciusko, & Biloxi/Tradition areas of Mississippi!
Click the “Complete Volunteer Application” button and fill out the contact form below to start the process of volunteering with Veterans OutReach! If you have questions regarding volunteering with Veterans OutReach, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Volunteer Role: Project Support Team Member
Reports to: Assigned Project Team Leader
Location: Your chosen Mississippi Veterans Home
Role Description: The Project Support Team Member assists in planning, preparation, and execution of events and projects happening at their assigned Mississippi State Veterans Home. Our team’s goal is to create memorable experiences for our veterans residing in the veterans homes. This can include recreational activities, recognition ceremonies, social parties, holiday parties, special meals, etc.
Role Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Assisting your assigned team with planning events (such as recreational activities, recognition ceremonies, social parties, holiday parties, special meals, etc). This can include participating in/attending planning meetings, phone calls, or messaging groups (via WhatsApp).
- Assisting your assigned team with preparation and set up for events. This can include decorating, preparing food/drinks, shopping for food/supplies, etc.
- Assisting your assigned team with execution of planned events at your assigned veterans home. This can include serving food, interacting with veterans home residents/staff, serving drinks, cleaning up afterwards, etc.
- Assisting with other special projects/events as needed.
- Communicating often with your assigned Project Team Leader and fellow team members.
- A willing heart to serve America’s heroes
- A willingness to learn and be flexible
- Must complete a background check (more information will be given once your application is submitted)
Volunteer With Us
We are always looking for compassionate hearts to help us in our mission to serve our American heroes! Click the button below to get more information about volunteering with our organization!
Support Us Financially
We could not do what we do without the amazing generosity of our business partners and donors. If you are interested in donating to our organization financially, click the button below to learn more!
About Veterans OutReach
Meet Our Founders
Meet Our Leadership
Volunteer With Us
Donate To Veterans OutReach
Follow Us On Facebook
Veterans OutReach of Mississippi
P.O. Box #2058
Collins, MS 39428
“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
Veterans Outreach is an officially registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the state of Mississippi.